Tuesday, June 5, 2012

INsecurities

Thier is so much truth in this little quote.  This day in time being the real you takes guts.  We live in a world where the preasure is on for us to look, act or even feel certain ways.  Standing for what you are and what you believe is getting harder and harder as peer preure increases daily for children as well as adults.  As a child I wanted nothing more than to please my parents.  In school that escaladed to my friends, peers and guys.  Which then formed a people pleasing habint in me.  I got hung up in looking for outward acceptance and never felt good about myself or my own choices. I needed someone to give me some kind of reassurance or affrimation.  I see so many (young girls especially) in this dangerous spiral.  Being sucked in to what everyone else is doing,...the way they talk, dress, act, music they listen to and so on.  No one seems to be happy with themselves.  I was a lonely teenage girl looking to friends(which many turned out not ot be true friends) and guys(which I thought loved me and were actually using me) for my selfworth.  As an adult I found myslef doing the same thing in my marriage.  Always looking around never looking up...


 I didn't understand I had greater value than I thought.  My value from within, I am worth something to someone greater than anyone here on earth.  As a young girl I wish I would have had someone sit me down and explain to me that God loves me for me.  And that the love of God fills all voids, he knows and is all I will ever need.  No matter what I have ever done, he knows all about me and loves me reguardless.  After learning of this great love, it is life changing.  Experiencing it is even greater in life transformation...I encourage everyone to stop seeking importance, worth, value, confidence, exc...from outer sources.  When we have a personal relationship with our maker it will change us from the inside out, and all the other stuff fades away.  Nothing else matters as we draw closer to Him and His Word the Bible each day in our relationship with Him.  We can become who we are really intended to be when we step out and stop allowing people to lead us and  allow the one who created us to work in and through us.  Stop following the crowd and stand out!!  Be seperate, be who you were created to be...there is freedom in it(for you and others in your life). You will be confident, happy, and learn to love yourself and your life.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle.......i tried so hard to sit you down and get you to understand Gods love. i know i my not have been the best influence. but i truly loved you. it just wasn't Gods plan or maybe his plan changed. either way im so so proud of you.....

    ReplyDelete