Thursday, September 12, 2013

WHAT, Mean Christians?

My heart today, it aches as the Lord deals with me in my own soul.  As I have been, and also myself experienced mean Christians.  I know, mean Christian is an oxymoron, right.  Or at least that's what Gods word reflects.  I have come to the realization & time in my life where I have a hard time fathoming the association of the the two words, but I have also known Christians aren't perfect, I am not perfect.  We know this!!  Only Christ is the perfect offering for our sins and no matter what we have done Christ approves of His children.  We as flesh can't even wrap our minds around a love so deep and wide.  It doesn't even make sense to most of us...a love that BIG & forgiving!!  I often wonder even if we could completely understand that kind of love, would we even want to or even dare try?  I have been a mean Christian myself, so when I say that, I don't say it in judgment, I say it because I have been one. It has really been troubling my heart lately.  I have done a lot of growing and God has shown me a lot about myself. As we will all continue to grow daily as we yield to the Holy Spirit .  Judgment seems to be a major problem in the body of Christ.  As parents we are teaching our children it is ok to judge and talk about people that aren't just like us or very similar.  When I say that, I mean even in the same body of Christ, not just in a worldly sense.  As if it isn't enough to teach them to discard or write off worldly people, we are teaching them to separate and judge within our own body.  We must be careful not to cauterize the very heart of God. We are called to be separate & stand out from the world, yes, but we are not called to judge nor put off an heir that we are above anyone. God is unbiased free from prejudice. Jesus set the perfect example for us and left us with the blueprint in His Word.  We as a body are called to love and be a light to the whole world and fellow Christians.  It deeply concerns me that the body is so easily separated within its self. Division is dangerous. Their isn't a single person in this world that has gone through or experienced the same exact things in life, growing up in a divided or broken home or the death of a parent, there are so many different types of abuse I can't even think of them all to list, but this I can guarantee, no two people are the same, no two families are exactly the same, we are all different and the experiences life has brought us has had a part in making us who we are.  God's hand has brought many of us out of bondages and broken the chains the enemy has had on our families and yet we still waste time judging others just because they aren't exactly like we are or where we think they should be.  We are not here to set the rules, we are here to follow the blueprint God has set for us. Christ's sanctification is a process, some things may be instant for one, yet it make take another years of molding and surrendering in obedience to arrive at a destination of deliverance. I am not looking for a replica of myself, I am seeking genuine, like minded people who love the Lord & desire growth or one who seems to have a slight interest in learning about the God who can break any bondage or chain in their life. People are curious and we can not lead them  to freedom if we are busy comparing and judging all the time, and are not ourselves free.  Let God clean the fish, as the saying goes.  We are here to help bring people the freedom we experience in Christ, to help people understand we will never deserve a love so BIG, yet we all can receive it and experience it daily if we want to...one doesn't have to be perfect or have the exact beliefs as I do to deserve the love that God desires to share with them, through me or any Christ follower for that mater.  As a matter of fact who are we, fleshly humans to think of ourselves so highly as to judge and say if another deserves the love of God. Who are we kidding, have we forgotten where we came from, are we forgetting God desires that no one should perish!! Who are we to place that limit on God and just make Him fit our little box. From experience I know God works in his time & I can't control the world. We shouldn't judge if someone isn't where we are. I thank the Lord, just knowing He can change anyone on His own or through us allowing Him to work through us & our lives.  I am sick of people being held back and limited by people and judgments. No one has time to worry if others approve of their selves or family because they aren't what so & so feel they aught to be.  I know that God knows each of our hearts and circumstances, past and present. We should not be judging anyone if they aren't where we are spiritually or if they choose to raise their family differently.  My prayer for each individual family is that they find comfort in knowing, as long as your family is asking God to lead & guide you in raising His children for HIM you are in His will.   If you are feeling drawn to God let Him in, seek Him and you will find Him & His will. Allow Him lead you.  Always be open to Him and the people he places in your life for you to grow from, positive and negative, good and bad.   We attend very large church, so we have indeed experienced people who have differences, sometimes we meet families that are very similar and others no so much, but it is important that we all respect and not judge and gossip about how others are being led in their own families.  It is our job as a body to help one another grow in love, we can come together and help one another, be there for one another, pray for one another and edify the body of Christ. I think Christians are giving the devil to much ground. It is time that we slow down take a step back and get some perspective on what is going on in the body.  Maybe try and have a little less reacting and a lot more reasonable response to one another in meekness and love.

1 Cor. 13:1- 13Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I have become as sounding brass or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have prophecies, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so as to move mountains, and do not have charity, I am nothing.
  And though I give out all my goods to feed the poor, and though I deliver my body to be burned, and have not charity, I am profited nothing.   Charity has patience, is kind; charity is not envious, is not vain, is not puffed up;   does not behave indecently, does not seek her own, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil.   Charity does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices in the truth, quietly covers all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.   Charity never fails. But if there are prophecies, they will be abolished; if tongues, they shall cease; if knowledge, it will be abolished.
  For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when the perfect thing comes, then that which is in part will be caused to cease. When I was an infant, I spoke as an infant, I thought as an infant, I reasoned as an infant. But when I became a man, I did away with the things of an infant.
For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall fully know even as I also am fully known. And now faith, hope, charity, these three remain; but the greatest of these is charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment